What should I bring?
- Please come prepared for both seasonal and unexpected weather patterns by dressing in layers, bringing a rain jacket and a warm change of clothes for after your hike up the mountain
- Please bring trail-ready footwear to help maintain your footing on our variable terrain
- Although we provide sheets and pillows we recommend our guests bring a sleeping bag for personal comfort
- Snacks for your hike and stay
- Water bottle/s
- Personal toiletries
- Flashlight and/or headlamp
- Any additional comforts you desire
What should I expect?
- A moderate and and enjoyable 2.15 mile hike-in to the cabins
- Stress free Appalachian mountain living
- Cool evening temperatures throughout the year
- A hearty breakfast as well as coffee, tea, water and fresh fruit
- Access to all kitchenware
- Propane lanterns to light up the night and wood stoves to heat the cabins
- When you arrive, you’ll check in with your host inside the main lodge and receive a brief tour of the surroundings and accommodations
**Alcohol is permitted provided that you drink responsibly and remember that high altitude and high alcohol content don’t mix well. We also ask that you pack out whatever you pack in because we do not have the garbage and recycling facilities to accommodate every guest’s stuff, so we greatly appreciate your hiking down whatever packaging or recyclables you bring up.